Adult Volleyball Rules
UpdatedSaturday May 30, 2020 bySam Clift.
General League Rules and Information
- A team must have a minimum of 6 people on the roster
- In case of severe weather, official word about cancellation will be emailed between 4:00 pm & 5:00 pm
- Teams must use the designated balls provided by GAS
- At least 4 players must be present to begin a match including 1 girl
- If a team is more than 10 minutes late that team will forfeit that match, but may still play in their allotted time slot for fun
- Captains or designated players of each team will either toss a coin or rock/paper/scissors to decide which team serves first.
3. Scoring and Match rules
- Each match will be the best of 3 sets
- The method of scoring will be the rally system. (each time the ball hits the ground, someone scored)
- The first 2 set will go to 21 and the 3rd set will go to 15, all must be won by 2
- Time will be called after the 45 minute time slot is up. Play will continue until a team is up by 2 and that team will be declared the winner of the match.
4. Game Play Rules
- HAVE FUN!!!
- Each team must have 1 girl on the court at all times, otherwise the team without the girl forfeits, unless agreed upon by both captains
- No more than 3 hits before returning
- When it’s 2 hits or less and over, any combination of players my hit the ball
- In any 3 hit combination, a female is required to be at least one of those touches or a point is awarded to the other team
- Spiking the serve is not allowed
- Lifts will be allowed unless deemed excessive
- A lift is when the ball sits in your hands for too long, almost as if you caught it
- Don’t catch it and throw it
- There will be no rotation errors called
- A rotation error is when the ball over rotates after a set, again, it will not be called
- A player may not touch the ball 2 consecutive times unless directly after an opposing team member blocked their original touch
- A block does not count as a hit
- If the ball touches the out of bounds line it is considered in
- When the ball is returned, it must stay between the ends of the net
- An incidental or minor touch of the net will not be called, unless deemed excessive (Don’t molest the net)
- Teams must rotate after changing servers
- Teams will change servers after they have scored on an opponent’s serve
Calls made by the GAS Referee are final! There might be a questionable call from time to time. Relax, you’ll live.