Adult Volleyball Tournaments
Adult Coed 4s
UpdatedSunday May 31, 2020 bySam Clift.
Adult Volleyball Tournaments
1. GAS Tournament Day Rules
- Parking is LIMITED! Please carpool
- Plan ahead for a safe ride home if you plan to drink!
- No outside beverages allowed (personal water containers OK)
- Water, Soft Drinks, Gatorade, Red Bull & Alcoholic Beverages will be available to purchase on site
- NO TAILGATING
2. General Tournament Rules
- A team must have a minimum of 4 people registered and paid on the roster
- At least 4 players must be present to begin a match including 1 girl
- 1 Females must be on the court at all times
- If a player is injured during play and that would put the team below 4 total players/1 female, that team may play with 3 and the result of the match still counts.
- Teams not ready at game time will forfeit that game
- Captains or designated players of each team will either toss a coin or rock/paper/scissors to decide which team serves first
- Roster must be set at least 30 minutes before first match
- A Member of a team may only play on one team during the day
- Each participant must have registered, paid online & signed the online waiver in order to play
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in forfeit or removal from the Event and grounds. Including but is not limited to:
- gestures and physical attacks directed toward players, referees, spectators, and/or officials
- If any member of your team is involved in a physical confrontation, your entire team will be disqualified
- Teams must use the designated balls provided by GAS
3. Scoring and Match rules
- Pools are set randomly based on the total number of teams entered.
- Each team will get a minimum of 3 guaranteed games in pool play.
- Pool play matches are one game to 21, win by 2, max 25 (only have to win by 1 at 25).
- The method of scoring will be the rally system. (each time the ball hits the ground, someone scored)
- A whistle will be used to time the matches.
- 1 whistle starts the 1st game of the match.
- 2 whistles will stop the match.
- If 2 whistles occur to stop the match while a game is in progress, the team ahead in points at that moment in time is the winner.
- If 2 whistles occur while the ball is in play, the result of that particular play will be counted if a point is scored.
- If 2 whistles occur when the game is tied, the game will continue ONLY until the next point is scored.
- Teams are asked to leave their courts immediately following the end of their match
- Single Elimination Tournament after pool play
- Tournament Matches will be best of 3 games (21, 21, 15) and are not timed.
4. Weather Policy
- The Tournament may be canceled because of weather if dangerous conditions arise.
- In case of cancellation, winner of the Tournament may be determined by GAS representative
5. Game Play Rules
- HAVE FUN!!!
- Each team must have at least 4 players with 1 girls on the court at all times
- If an offensive play goes to 3 hits, a girl must have touched the ball within one of those hits.
- No more than 3 hits before returning
- A team MAY open hand receive any ball.
- Open Hand Dinks are ALLOWED
- A Ball may go over on a pass, hit, roll shot or knuckle
- A player may push the ball over as long as it’s clean (ball is not rotating too heavily)
- Spiking the serve is not allowed
- Ball Rotation will be allowed unless deemed a double touch by your ref
- A rotation error is when the ball over rotates after a set, again, it will not be called
- A player may not touch the ball 2 consecutive times unless directly after an opposing team member blocked their original touch
- A block does not count as a hit
- If the ball touches the out of bounds line it is considered in
- When the ball is returned, it must stay between the ends of the net
- A ball may be played with any part of the body
- Touching the net with any part of the body is a foul
- Teams must rotate after changing servers
- Teams will change servers after they have scored on an opponent’s serve
- If a set incidentally goes into the opponent’s court, that point will be handled as a do over.
- If fighting occurs, the team will be disqualified and required to leave the premises. Protesting will result in individual being disqualified and required to leave premises
Calls made by the GAS Referee are final! There might be a questionable call from time to time. Relax, you’ll live.